In the first part, we went through the password writeback and SSPR portal settings and configuration. In the second part, we will demonstrate the user experience. I am not going to explain all screenshots as there are really basic steps for all admins.
What we need to do is that as an end user, you need to register yourself into the Microsoft MFA portal to be able to use the SSPR service.
Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your work or school account with your password like you normally do. After you choose Sign in, you’ll be prompted for more information. Kindly follow the steps and register your mobile phone for Multifactor authentication and provide your mobile phone number for SSPR.
How to change the password or unlock the account via SSPR portal?
Use the following steps to access Azure AD Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) and get back into your
1. From any Office 365 Sign-in page, select the Forgotten my password link or got directly to password reset page
2. Enter your Company User ID
(e.g. [email protected]),
prove you aren’t a robot by entering the characters you see on the screen, and then select Next.
3. You have two options here;
I forgot my password: proceed if you want to reset your password.
I know my password, but still can’t sign in: This option is used to unlock the account in AD.
Whichever you option select, you will follow the same verification methods.
4. Choose an authentication method, provide the correct responses, and then select Next
5. Enter the code which you receive based on your verification method and proceed for MFA approval.
6. On the Choose a new password page, enter a new password, confirm your password, and then select Finish
When you see the message, Your password has been reset, you can sign in with your new password.
Post password reset, you will receive a notification email from Microsoft for the activity.